We’ve got more music and more time to listen to that music, so pull up a chair and prepare to to bliss out! Today we have a lovely Backtrax to the sounds of Winter 2013! We are slowly building towards that magical Friday drop day of yet another new playlist, and starting next week, a count of all the playlists created for my birthday, leading up to the dropping of another brand spanking new playlist (which should catch me up to current, temporally speaking)
Enough talking, let’s get this party started!
Name Game: While I was working my translator job at the insurance administrator, I was under a whole lot of stress. This mix got me through as I drove home on the cold winter nights in fine fashion
Temporality: Evening/night. Picture yourself driving down a freeway, not quite in the city, not quite in the country. It’s mid-winter, 7:30 pm This is one of those smooth soulful house and downtempo DnB mixes that just picks you up and takes you where you need to go.
Mark de Clive-Lowe – “The Why”: There’s not much vocals on this track in terms of lyrics, but we really don’t need them. The backing band/loop is the story here. It is so rich and luxurious, yet simple for a loop. You can imagine yourself trying to make a play on a sophisticated hottie with this track (especially in the last two minutes)
Skeletons feat. Alice Russell – “Adam and Eve”: I’ve heard Alice Russell on many different tracks, but this is my favorite. Straight up big band horns backing up one hell of a soulful voice. And yes, the song is about getting it on.
Wildcookie – “Heroine”: Before I get jumped up and down on for the timing of this post (RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman), 1) listen to the song [because it is about jazz music, and yes, it’s true) 2) listen to the music (because it’s fricking LOVELY.) 3) Listen to the loop starting at 2:30.
Frederic Harrison feat Vicky Harrison – “Walk the Distance”: I’ve never heard of Vicky Harrison, but my eyes are open now. For downtempo DnB, this track is melodic, and the Amen is broken down quite nicely. It seems as if it’s stalled out, only to bring you back with speed for the next bar. Very clever, very mathematical.
- Nostalgia 77 – “Sleepwalkers (Ambassadeurs Remix)”
- Belleruche – “Wasted Time”
- Mark de Clive-Lowe – “The Why”
- Anchorsong – “Darkrum”
- Skeletons feat. Alice Russell – “Adam and Eve”
- The Bamboos feat. Megan Washington – “The Wilhelm Scream”
- Wildcookie – “Heroine”
- Yannah Valdevit – “Gotta Keep Me Goin'”
- Kylie Auldist – “Changes (Lanu Extended Remix)”
- Nostalgia 77 – “Sleepwalkers (Lanu Remix)”
- Fred V & Grafix – “Major Happy”
- Madeon – “Finale (Netsky Remix)”
- Lung – “Rollerball”
- Frederic Harrison feat Vicky Harrison – “Walk the Distance”
- High Contrast feat. Selah Corbin – “Wish You Were Here (S.P.Y. Remix)”
- Galimatias – “Noelles Eloquence (S.I.N. Remix)
- Deep Tunes – “Inbros (Original Mix)
- Deep Phunk System – “Woman Daze (Chillhouse Groovers Mix)”
- Timmy Regisford – “Far Away”