Hello kiddies! In time for a gray and rainy #MusicMonday, I’ve found time to drop (after what seems to have been a lifetime) a CURRENT playlist! Holy crap, that’s right, it’s a new release! It got previously teased in Beta as the Backwards Compatibility mix, but a lot have changes have come and gone, also the reasoning for naming the mix was changed greatly too. So, without further ado, dropping this years first true summer mix, Biorhythm Mix (Galaxy Mix)
Name Game: I scored a Galaxy Note from a co-worker (yet another reason why I love working where I do…) so this was the first mix on it. Of course there was massive ROM flashing on it too (Padawan, CM10.1 and PacMan)
Temporality: Lunchtime, or thereabouts. De-phazz is the perfect morning/lunch kind of deal, but the rest of the list vibes very afternoon .
Slazy – “Hollywood”
This track earwormed the hell out of me when I first heard because Slazy had the sheer audacity to drop the Magnum P.I theme song directly in the hook and made it work. Yeah, it’s bro-house, but you know what, it works dammit.
De-phazz – “Jazz Music”
I’ve been with De-phazz since I was exposed to them back in 2007 with their track “Jazz Music”. Wait a second (you all are thinking) isn’t that the same track that you heard then? Actually, no! In fact, in addition to the soulful house version I heard then and this one I’m pimping now, there is another acoustic version (that’s the one that comes up if you youtube it, which is in fact the original). Of the three, this one is directly in the middle, and I’m thinking I’m liking this one just barely slightly more than the house version
Myon & Shane 54 feat. Natalie Peris – “Outshine (Radio Edit)”
Myon & Shane 54 feat. Aruna – “Lights (Radio Edit) AND (Cole Plante Radio Edit)”
Steve Kaetzel feat. Emma Lock – “I Love You”
Tiesto feat. Kirsty Hawkshaw – “Just Be (Radio Edit)”
The reason why all four of these gets a bump is two-fold. First, it’s summertime, and as far as modern EDM is concerned, you are looking at four of my favorite vocalists. Kirsty Hawkshaw is the first one I was ever familiar with thanks to her collaboration with Swayzak on “State of Grace” way back when. Aruna was put on my radar back in 2010 when I was cruising in a rental in Austin for my cousin’s wedding, listening to Above & Beyond’s Trance Around the World. Emma Lock I’ve been with since the heady days of the summer of 2008. Natalie Peris is the newbie on the list, but by God, she’s so mustard that she’s on the fast track to being a favore. Shit, the only person we’re missing here is Emma Hewitt, and I’m almost certain she’s putting up a track (if she hasn’t already) in the very near future.
The second reason is because Myon & Shane 54 are so hot that they are just blowing up my summers. In addition to the aforementioned Above & Beyond bringing the power on Group Therapy.
- Disclosure feat. Edward MacFarlane- “Defeated No More”
- Husky & Matt Meler Bru Fave & Ron E Jones – This Time [Husky RSR Soul Rub Edit]
- Frankie Knuckles & Director’s Cut – Let Yourself Go (feat. Sybil) [A Director’s Cut Master Dub]
- Carl Hanaghan feat. LaShonda – Mojito’s & Sunshine [Vocal Mix Edit]
- Myon & Shane 54 feat. Natalie Peris – “Outshine (Radio Edit)”
- Tamra Keenan – “Pontius Pilate (Lence & Pluton Remix)”
- Myon & Shane 54 feat. Aruna – “Lights (Cole Plante Radio Edit)”
- Maor Levi feat. Ashley Tomberlin – “Chasing Love (Original Edit)”
- Krewella – “Alive”
- AWD – “In Time (Radio Edit)”
- Tiesto feat. Kirsty Hawkshaw – “Just Be (Radio Edit)”
- Dart Rayne & Yura Moonlight feat. Sarah Lynn – “Silhouette (Radio Edit)”
- Two & One feat. Jess Morgan – “Reasons Later (Radio Edit)”
- Myon & Shane 54 feat. Aruna – “Lights (Radio Edit)”
- Store N Forward feat. Hannah Ray – “Hero (Radio Edit)”
- Steve Kaetzel feat. Emma Lock – “I Love You”
- 5 Reasons feat. Patrick Baker – “Night Drive in Moscow (Satin Jackets Remix)”
- Dislcosure feat. London Grammar – “Help Me Lose My Mind”