So maybe I’m moronic for dropping a playlist in the middle of the actual broadcast of the Sochi Opening Ceremonies, but screw it, I’m gonna do it, and it’s the most recent mix too! Enjoy, it’s the Polar Vortex Mix Part 2!
Name Game: Simple enough, it’s fricking cold. again, due to another polar vortex, again, and the snow and ice will just not go the hell away! This is the follow up to the Polar Vortex Part 1 (der…)
Temporality: Anytime after 8 am would work nicely. I think it works best as a late morning, maybe mid-afternnon mix though. It’s just energetic enough to want to get you ready for the bar, but not so much that it would put you off temporally.
Mat Zo feat. Rachel K. Collier – “Only for You”: This track is directly in your face with the electropunk synth line. Not since Daft Punk’s “Derezzed” have I heard a “mainstream” track that sounded so cyberpunk. It’s a welcomed sight. Rachel K. Collier murders the lyric track too.
- Elizabeth & the Catapult – “Happy Pop”
- ATB – “Contact”
- ATB – “Trace of Life”
- Terri Walker – “He Loves Me”
- Fred V & Grafix feat. Jate Westall – “Catch My Breath”
- Birdy – “Wings (Nu:Logic Remix)”
- Myon & Shane 54 feat. Late Night Alumni – “Under Your Cloud”
- Betoko vs. Gemma Hayes – “Wicked Game”
- Mat Zo feat. Rachel K. Collier – “Only for You”
- Drew Hill – “Studio 2”
- ATB – “Arms Wide Open”